Sunday, August 22, 2010

The girls hit the town!

This weekend was my bachelorette party. I made it pretty clear I wanted something low key. No inflatable penises, no getting guys to eat candy off my shirt for a dollar, not even drinking and barhopping. Not my style. That's right, I'm an old woman trapped in side of a 29 year old's body people! I'm totally happy with that by the way. 

We started off our day with mani/pedis at Elixir Organic Spa. Awesome! 


The ladies there were so sweet and let us have the run of the place for the afternoon. 

 (Really ready for my mani/pedi!)
 
Their products were so soft and silky and we were so relaxed by the end of it I really wondered if we would even make it through the rest of the day!

(Pouring some bubbly in my fancy pants bride glass)          

After we were thoroughly pampered, wined and cheesed, we piled into my sister's mom-mobile bachelorette-mobile. 


We had a bit of time to kill before dinner, so we stopped at Starbucks for a latte. Caffeine was a good idea after all the new age music and foot massages!!!


Oh by the way, all the girls are wearing "I <3 Veronica" tattoos. By product of putting them on your chest means everyone stares at your chest... Flattering and creepy, but you asked for it ;)

It started to spit rain a little, but we made it to the restaurant just in time. 


We pigged out on lobster and crab bisque, steak, seafood, and creme brulee at Fred's Not Here before our next stop. Mmmmm!!!!


Our last stop of the evening was a ghost walk tour of the University of Toronto campus. Both myself and two of my bridesmaids attended U of T, so it was really cool to wander around campus hearing the history and creepy stories! The mood couldn't have been more perfect with dusk getting deeper and deeper and the rain creating a mist around us. Most of the places we stopped were completely deserted because of the weather, so it was "ideal" on the creepiness meter!


And there you are! Bachelorette party done! It was a really fun day/evening and everyone had a great time! It was really low key with a lot of laughs and a lot of fun! Thanks ladies! Love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. so much fun!! glad you had a wonderful time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome. One of my girlfriends did a spa-day for her bachelorette party too and it was GREAT!

    ReplyDelete