Sunday, October 03, 2010

Sunday Brunch


So, it was a late night. We got back to the hotel and Dan somehow unbound me from my dress with it's million buttons and the giant seatbelt strapping me in, and we promptly passed out. In the morning, my dress was still "standing". It's amazing how much crinoline is under those suckers!


We actually woke up pretty early, way earlier than I had expected. We walked back over to the Mill to see how the pack up was going, and then joined everyone at Ray's Third Generation Bakery & Bistro for brunch. We were a little nervous booking the place since they don't traditionally offer brunch, but they knocked it out of the park! We had eggs benny (my favourite), scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, quiche, potatoes, a plethora of homemade pastries, and these incredible coconut cream pies. Seriously, my dad nearly ate a whole pie! 


It was really great to spend a relaxing couple of hours catching up with everyone, eating, chatting, laughing, and just enjoying where we were rather than being rushed off for photos or to speak to someone who was leaving. It was the perfect follow up to the wedding!







It was also a bit sad as my bridesmaid Sami was leaving from there to fly to Edinburgh for school. She was a huge help with DIY projects on her trips up to Canada (she lived in the States) and because she lived so far away, I haven't gotten to spend as much time with her over the years. My time working on wedding projects with her and at the wedding itself was invaluable, so saying goodbye was bittersweet. I'm so excited for this next chapter in her life and I know she's going to do amazing in Scotland! There were tears when we said goodbye, but I'm looking forward to having an excuse to visit Edinburgh again!



Next up: A special visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment