Monday, February 01, 2010

I love white.

People always ask me "What are you colours for the wedding???". I typically give them a blank stare, a long pause and then mutter something like "White..... and whatever looks good on my bridesmaids....". I love white. I have always loved white. When I moved out from my parent's house it was my dream to have white leather sofas. I would live in a white house with white walls and all white furniture. I would then only wear black and walk around looking like an exclamation mark in said house because it would be funny. 

So when it came to picking my wedding colours I was immediately stumped. I'm an interior designer, asking me to pick a favourite colour is like asking a mother to pick her favourite child. What do I want the girls to wear? Whatever they feel gorgeous in! My rule was one I borrowed from my best friend when I was one of her bridesmaids, "Look pretty when you stand in a row". I asked them all to wear some sort of apple green shade because it's pretty, but now I've changed my mind again. I'll probably change my mind 4 more times after that. Right now I'm thinking some sort of blue/grey tone or light blue sort but I'll probably change my mind again. 


What are my colours? I'm a bride, I'm wearing white. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment