Monday, March 01, 2010

I hate exercise.


Sorry I've been MIA, I had a wicked cold, got over for a day and then got it back from Dan. I didn't think that was actually possible. Apparently I am an exception to the norm. Anywho, I'm over it now. Over it enough to realize I really need to get serious about this whole "losing weight" thing. Let me tell you something about me: I hate exercise. I hate sweating. I hate being out of breath. I hate all of it. You know what my perfect exercise is? Pilates. You get to roll around on the floor for half an hour and your stomach has that pleasant "ooh you did something good for yourself" ache the next day. That's my type of exercise friends!


So today I decided to start Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm not a fan of personal trainers. I hate being yelled at and pushed to my limit (goes hand in hand with the hating to sweat thing), but whatever, she's on a DVD, I can mute her if I want. I've heard really great things about the 30 Day Shred from other women so I thought I'd give it a go. 

Let me tell you something I learned today: Jillian Michaels is the devil. I am angry that she made me out of breath and sweaty. I feel like she even mocked me a little. I can't do push ups Jillian Michaels! I JUST CAN'T!!! But in the same token, I sort of love her. I sort of want to prove to her that I can get through the stupid 20 minute routine and not die. I'm pretty sure this woman will be the death of me. I like that I don't need fancy rubber balls or bands or 13 different sets of weights. All you need (on level one anyways) is your yoga mat and a couple of light hand weights. I'm positive that tomorrow I'm not going to be able to move, but whatever, for right now I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I'm one step closer to honeymoon bikini-land!

Now someone go get me a muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment