Monday, January 18, 2010

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

I've become obsessed with my slow cooker the past few months. Even though I work from home and certainly have time to make a meal at the end of the day, I love throwing a bunch of stuff into my slow cooker, and six hours later, ta da! Delicious tender yummy dinner! Minimal effort! Plus the smell of it simmering all day.... *drool*

People always tell me I'm a great cook, and the secret is this: Allrecipes.com. Nearly everything I make comes from this site. It's full of amazing recipes and I love the changes they've made recently to make it even more user friendly than it already was. My online recipe box is stuffed full of goodies, and I love reading the reviews from other users. So while perusing the other day, I found a recipe for barbecue chicken. I had everything it called for, so I threw it all in the slow cooker, set the timer, and got back to my silk screening project. A good few hours later, oh my gosh, ridiculously delicious tender chicken. I served it on calabrese buns. I can't even remember what we had on the side because it was so good I didn't care.
  • 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
  • 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

  1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
  2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.
My only recommendation/change was something I read in the reviews from other readers. I shredded the chicken about an hour before it was done, and left it for the final hour to thicken up the sauce. It was PERFECT when it was done.

Today we had some of the leftovers on a bun with sliced avocado. I'm pretty sure Dan nearly peed his pants. Sooooo good!


No comments:

Post a Comment