Sunday, January 03, 2010

Warm Me Up Meatballs!

It's freeeeeeeeezing here in Toronto!!! -10 degrees Celcius, feels like -100 with the windchill I believe. It's awful. On a cold day like this, I need hot, comforting food with minimal effort required. More time in the kitchen=less time huddled under my blankets on the couch watching cheesy movies on The Women's Network. Enter my Mom's meatballs. These are ALWAYS the first thing to go at any party we have and the recipe I get asked for the most. They are absolutely perfect for a day like today when I don't want to get up off the couch. I just have to throw them in the crockpot and leave them for a couple hours and then work on the pot throughout the day. Somehow we also figured out these taste delicious dipped in spinach dip. Sounds gross, tastes amazing! Don't knock it till you try it!

Mom's Meatballs

- Mix 2 tbsp flour, & 3/4 cup sugar.
- Now mix in 1/4 cup white vinegar and 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- When all that is done, add 2 cups water and mix well.
- Pour over frozen meatballs in your crockpot (I use Loblaw's Blue Menu Lean Italian), and stir to coat. Simmer on high for 2-4 hours and serve.

If you forget or don't have 2-4 hours, cook the meatballs in the microwave as per package directions and throw it in the crockpot with the sauce for a half hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment