Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Wedding Diet

Dan and I decided last year that we needed to start a wedding diet. Like most couples, we've slid into the comfort zone and unfortunately our most favourite activity together is eating really really really great food. Now really great food doesn't mean it can't be healthy, but when you follow it up with an Oreo ice cream sandwich or a few cookies every night, well, what does it matter if you ate a salad?!

(Source)

So to combat all this, Dan installed a home gym in our basement, mainly for himself. He has had it for, oh, about 5 months? He has yet to use it. Sigh.

Before Christmas I was going to Curves 3x/week which was awesome. Curves really works for me. I hate hate hate the gym but I can convince myself to go for half an hour. Plus I really do get results! But then Christmas mayhem hit, and then I stubbed my baby toe so hard it still hurts. Seriously. A month and a bit later. I got an x-ray and apparently nothing is broken, but I don't want to risk messing up my foot more, so I'm going to take it easy on the gym thing until I wake up one morning WITHOUT pain in my foot. Yes I recognize that I am full of excuses. See above where I talk about hating the gym.

Now let me tell you, it's not the wedding that I want to lose weight for. My dress fits me like a glove in the size I ordered it in, I'm thrilled with the way I look in it. It's the honeymoon that scares me. Two weeks in a bathing suit on a gorgeous beach somewhere.............................. Heaven and yet the mere thought of it makes my palms sweat. Clearly I understand that to lose weight I need to burn more calories than I'm taking in. I've gotten to the point where that stupid SmartBite thing is looking like a viable option to me!



(Source) I'm hoping I don't spend my honeymoon covered up like this.

Anyone have any tips or pointers? Are you trying to lose weight for your wedding or honeymoon?



No comments:

Post a Comment